Winter is Coming: 8 Ways to Exercise Your Dog Indoors
Your dog is patiently waiting by the door to go play outside as the snow begins to fall to the ground.
You definitely don't want to go out there, especially in this cold weather.
Frosty winter weather can limit the amount of time you and your dog spend outside but it's important to know that your dog still needs to burn off energy.
Thankfully you no longer have to brave the cold just to keep your dog fit!
There are many different indoor activities you and your dog can do to keep them happy and healthy.
Here are 8 tips and tricks on how you can keep your pup fit when those temperatures drop:
1. Hide some of your dog's favorite treats around the house and put his natural instincts to work sniffing them out.
2. Visit your local pet store for some socialization and a long walk through the aisles.
3. Most human treadmills can be used for dogs too, just make sure you train them properly to do so.
4. Play fetch with an indoor safe toy like the "Chuck-It" indoor roller. Add a little extra to the work out by throwing the ball up the steps!
5. Make meal time more fun and stimulating by using interactive puzzle toys.
6. Create an indoor aglilty course for your pup out of things around your house.
7. Have an indoor play date with one of your dog's 4-legged buddies.
8. Rotate your dog's toys so that he stays interested.