Summer Vacation: Choosing A Pet Sitter
Start shopping here
With summer break quickly approaching this means summer vacation!
Traveling is always so much fun, especially being able to explore and see new things, but leaving your pet at home is never easy.
When you're enjoying your much deserved vacation the last thing you want to be doing on your vacation is worrying about your furry friend you left at home right?
Hiring a local pet sitter is a much better solution than boarding up your animal.
It lets your pet stay in their own environment where they are most comfortable, while being visited by a friendly face who will feed, pet and cuddle with them while you're gone.
There are many options for pet sitters in your local area and picking the right one for you can be difficult. We put together 9 helpful tips on choosing the right pet sitter:
1. Check the company’s references and ask for at least three.
2. Ensure the company is fully bonded and insured.
3. Confirm that your sitter has undergone a criminal background check and has received proper training.
4. Pre-interview a sitter with your pet present to observe interactions and establish a “comfort level” for both you and the pet.
5. Let your sitter know how you would like him/her to use their time in terms of walking, playing, feeding, cleaning, etc.
6. Verify that the sitter can accommodate both your pet’s daily feeding and walking schedule as well as your desired vacation schedule.
7. Ensure the company offers seven-day per week telephone and e-mail availability.
8. Provide medical and behavioral history about your pet as well as veterinary and other emergency contact information. Gather all necessary supplies, including food, vitamins, and treats in one central location.
9. Ensure the company has “backup” measures in place should your sitter have an emergency that prevents them from completing your assignment.
P.S. Order today and a FREE 2 ounce travel bottle of our Every Cat Litter Spray and FREE SHIPPING on every order over $39!
Start shopping here