Older Dogs vs. Puppies
Adopting a puppy vs. adopting an older dog
Many people are quick to adopt the cute puppy or kitten when looking for a new pet.
But, there are many elder animals that need loving homes and hearts.
Just like puppies, these older dogs make loving and loyal companions.
Here are just a few reasons of why you should adopt an older dog:
- One word….Housebroken! House training a puppy can be hard especially if you have a busy schedule. Thankfully with an older pup this isn’t an issue.
- Puppies get restless and can keep you up at all hours of the night. You are guaranteed a good nights sleep with an older rescue dog.
- Easier and less frequent vet trips.
- What you see if what you get! When you adopt an older dog you will be able to tell its full-grown size, grooming requirements, temperament and more!
- Elder dogs are calmer and less energetic than younger dogs. You won’t have to worry about your dog tackling and jumping all over you and your guests if they get excited.
- With an older dog, you automatically have an instant companion who is ready to do anything and everything with you NOW. There is no waiting for a puppy to grow up.
- There is nothing like a bond between human and dog. These elder rescue dogs are more likely to bond very completely and deeply with their new owners.
- You can save a dogs life! When shelters get overcrowded the first to be euthanized are the senior dogs. Not only are you providing these dogs with a better life you are saving them from being put down.
- During the month of November many shelters even offer discounts for senior pets! If you’re looking to adopt for a great price, consider waiting for November to adopt!
P.S. With your order today of $39 or more we are giving you FREE SHIPPING as well as 20% off our odor seal bags using code: Bags20. Order here because this offer is available today only