FREE SHIPPING OVER $39!

Keep Those Paws Off the Candy this Halloween


So, why is Halloween candy so dangerous to pets? 

Below are just a few reasons why: 

CHOCOLATE- Many pet owners know that chocolate is toxic to dogs. Halloween candy often contains a lot of chocolate goodies. The general rule of thumb is the darker the chocolate, the more toxic. However; if your dog eats an entire pillowcase of chocolate candy bars, the quantity becomes a bigger factor than the chocolate type.

 XYLITOL- Sugar-free gum, candies, and even Halloween baked goods may contain xylitol, a sugarless sweetener. Xylitol can cause severely low blood sugar, as well as liver damage and failure in dogs. Even small amounts can be life-threatening. When throwing away xylitol products, be sure the trash can is secure otherwise the sweet scent may entice your pet to roam through the garbage.

SUGAR OVERLOAD- When pets eat a lot of people food, especially sugary food like candy, they could develop pancreatitis. This is very painful and often fatal. Some pets may not show symptoms for 2-4 days after eating the candy so if your pet gets into the candy stash, it’s important to bring him/her to your family veterinarian or local animal emergency hospital right away!

CANDY WRAPPERS- We’re guessing your pets don’t have the etiquette to remove the candy wrappers before diving in. Those foil and cellophane wrappers can cause life-threatening bowel obstructions in pets.

GRAPES/RAISINS- Some neighbors try to discourage the Halloween candy craze by handing out healthy snacks like mini raisin boxes. Not only is this a dissatisfaction for most kids, it’s also adding another toxicity to the haul. Raisins and grapes are very toxic to dogs. A small amount of raisins or grapes can cause kidney failure.

Other foods that may be lethal for your dog according to ASPCA:

Alcohol

Avocado 

Citrus

Coconut & Coconut oil

Nuts

Milk & Dairy 

Raw meat, eggs and bones

THOUSANDS OF POSITIVE REVIEWS
3-5 DAY SHIPPING
MONEY BACK GUARANTEE