How often do you take your cat to the vet?
If it's not often, then here are a few things you should be doing to keep your cat happy & healthy!
1. Groom your cat regularly
- This will help get rid of the dead hair so that your cat doesn't ingest it while cleaning themselves.
2. Provide fresh water daily
- You wouldn't want to drink dirty water day after day would you? Well neither does your cat! Keep that water clean!
3. Make sure you have enough litter boxes
- The general rule of thumb here is to have 2 litter boxes per cat, especially if they are able to roam around the house. To encourage good litter box usage, be sure to keep them clean!
- Keep your litter box smelling fresh with this litter box spray deodorizer or Urine Odor Remover.
4. Notice if your cat starts urinating outside its litter box
- Sometimes a cat will urinate out of its litter box if it's dirty, so make sure you keep it clean! This could also mean that your cat has a UTI, so make sure you visit the vet if it becomes excessive!
- If this becomes a problem, be sure to keep a bottle of Instant Urine Odor Remover handy for any accidents!
5. Train your cat to use a scratching post
- This will keep them from scratching up & damaging furniture & carpets which will keep you happy!
6. Use a cat carrier in the car
- Leaving your cat to roam freely in the car can lead to accidents which will make you not happy!
7. Keep your cat's teeth clean
- Would you want to have dirty teeth day after day? Imagine all the bacteria & nastiness in there! Be sure to schedule a teeth cleaning with your vet at least once a year!
8. Choose a cat friendly vet
- Most vets will treat dogs & cats. But we all know that cats are different than dogs! It's always good to try to find a vet who specializes in cats!
9. Schedule regular vet visits
- Keep your cat up to date on its vaccines & make sure they are healthy!
10. Spray or neuter your cat
- This will keep them from catching certain infections & will eliminate the urge to roam around trying to find a partner!
Be sure to keep yourself happy as well! Use an odor eliminator to keep your living area smelling fresh!