Can Your Dog Eat This?
It’s time for dinner with the family and you’ve got an amazing home cooked meal planned for tonight.
It is always tempting to feed Felix your human food, especially when he spends most of dinnertime begging at the table.
It’s important to remember that dogs and humans metabolize foods differently.
You need to make sure that anything you feed Felix is safe and won’t hurt him.
You need to make sure that nothing falls on the floor under the dinner table that can harm Felix.
Here is a short list of foods to avoid getting anywhere near your pup:
- Grapes and Raisins. They contain toxic compounds that can hurt Felix and eventually lead to rapid kidney failure or death.
- Chocolate. Chocolate contains theobromine and caffeine, which are two stimulants that dogs cannot metabolize and are very harmful to them.
- Macadamia Nuts. These nuts contain an unknown toxin that may lead to vomiting, muscles weakness, hyperthermia and tremors.
- Onions. Onions will damage Felix’s red blood cells that will reduce the ability to carry oxygen through the body.
- Avocados. The toxin persin present in avocados is very poisonous to Felix and will cause breathing difficulties, oxygen deprivation and even death.
There are many foods that humans can eat that are toxic to dogs, but on the other hand there are many human foods that are safe for your furry friend to consume.
Here are just a few of the foods you can slip to Felix under the table:
- Carrots. Both raw and cooked are safe for Felix, they are low on calories and a good source of vitamins, minerals and fiber for your pup.
- Peanut Butter. Although it is safe for Felix to eat, it is high in fat so be sure to only give him limited amounts daily.
- Eggs. Make sure the eggs is cooked when you feed it to Felix.
- Salmon. It is a great source of omega-3 fatty acids that help reduce Felix’s inflammation and keeps his skin and coat healthy.
- Popcorn. It is best to only feed Felix air-popped popcorn with no added butter or salts.
- Blueberries. These are a great disease fighting antioxidants for Felix and will help benefit his health.